This simple strawberry margarita recipe is fruity, tart, and candy. Served on the rocks, it is such a scrumptious, refreshing summer season deal with!
What higher technique to kick off summer season than with a strawberry margarita?! It’s fruity, it’s refreshing, and it’s SO darn enjoyable. And regardless of its spectacular look (take a look at that ruby pink coloration!), it’s simple to make. Blitz up a fast strawberry puree in a blender, and add some to a cocktail shaker with 5 easy substances. Then, simply shake and serve!
I particularly love this strawberry margarita recipe as a result of it has an extra-summery twist. As a substitute of constructing it with common easy syrup, I take advantage of easy syrup infused with basil. It brings a lot freshness and depth to this already-delicious drink. Add a garnish of contemporary basil leaves for a festive of completion.
Strawberry Margarita Recipe Elements
Right here’s what you’ll must make this strawberry margarita recipe:
- Strawberries, in fact! I usually make this recipe with thawed frozen strawberries (one 10-ounce bag is the proper dimension for 4 margaritas). However in case you have nice contemporary strawberries, they’d work nicely right here too.
- Tequila – Use your favourite silver, or blanco, tequila right here.
- Orange liqueur – Assume Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or triple sec.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed, please! It makes this strawberry margarita tangy and vibrant.
- Easy syrup – For sweetness. Comply with the herbed variation within the recipe to infuse it with contemporary basil taste. After all, be happy to make use of common easy syrup in case you want.
- Salt – For the rim of the glass. Common sea salt, kosher salt, and flaky sea salt all work nicely!
- And ice – As a result of I at all times like this margarita on the rocks.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The best way to Make a Strawberry Margarita
To make this strawberry margarita recipe, you’ll begin by prepping two parts: the straightforward syrup and the strawberry puree.
To make the straightforward syrup, observe the directions in this recipe. The entire course of simply takes quarter-hour!
Whereas the straightforward syrup infuses, puree the strawberries. Place 10 ounces of hulled contemporary berries or thawed frozen berries in a blender. Puree till fully clean. Pressure the puree to take away the seeds and any foam.
Then, combine up the strawberry margarita! Begin by salting the rim of a glass. Rub the rim with a lime wedge, and dip the glass in a small plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Place 2 ounces of the strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker with the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, easy syrup, and extra ice. Shake, then pressure into the glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge, contemporary strawberries, and basil. Take pleasure in!
Refrigerate (or freeze) the strawberry puree to make extra margaritas in a while, or, in case you’re serving a bunch, shake up extra straight away.
Extra Favourite Summer season Cocktails
In the event you love this strawberry margarita, strive certainly one of these summer season cocktail recipes subsequent:
Serves 1 to 4
This fruity, refreshing strawberry margarita recipe is ideal for summer season! Serve it on the rocks with contemporary strawberries and basil leaves for garnish.
For the strawberry puree:
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed (quantity for 4 margaritas)
For every margarita:
- Sea salt for the glass rim, elective
- Handfuls of ice
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, we like Cointreau
- 1 ounce contemporary lime juice, plus wedges for the glass and for garnish
- ½ ounce Easy Syrup with basil
- 2 ounces strawberry puree
- Contemporary strawberries and contemporary basil leaves, for garnish
Make the strawberry puree: Puree the strawberries in a blender. Pressure to take away the seeds and any foam.
Make the margarita: Elective step: Salt the rim of a glass by rubbing a lime wedge across the edge and dipping the glass right into a small plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Place the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, easy syrup, and a couple of ounces of the strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and pressure into the glass with the salted rim. Garnish with a lime wedge, contemporary strawberries, and basil.