Discover ways to cook dinner brown rice within the Prompt Pot! The method is nearly solely hands-off, and the rice comes out tender and fluffy each time.
If there’s one recipe that made me an Prompt Pot convert, it was this Prompt Pot brown rice. Let’s be trustworthy: cooking brown rice on the range is nobody’s favourite factor to do. It requires 40+ minutes of hovering close by, nudging the warmth up and all the way down to maintain the pot at a energetic simmer. However this Prompt Pot brown rice recipe is nearly solely hands-off. When you get it going, you’ll be able to concentrate on making the remainder of your meal with out giving the rice a second thought, figuring out that it’ll come out fluffy, tender, and completely cooked. Attempt it as soon as, and also you’ll by no means cook dinner brown rice another manner.
How one can Cook dinner Brown Rice within the Prompt Pot
To make this Prompt Pot brown rice recipe, you’ll simply want two components: short-grain or long-grain brown rice and water.
Earlier than you add the rice to the Prompt Pot, ensure that to rinse it completely. This step removes starches from the rice’s floor that may trigger it to change into super-sticky and gummy when cooked. To rinse rice, I like to position it in a wonderful mesh strainer over a bowl. Then, I run it underneath chilly water till the water within the bowl runs clear.
After you rinse the rice, place it within the Prompt Pot. Pour in 2 1/2 cups of water for each 2 cups of rice. You would possibly discover that this ratio of water to rice is decrease than what you’d use in case you had been cooking the rice on the range. That’s as a result of a lot much less water evaporates from the Prompt Pot, so that you don’t want as a lot to cook dinner fluffy, tender rice.
When you add the water, it’s time to cook dinner! Safe the lid on the Prompt Pot, and Strain Cook dinner on Excessive for 20 minutes. All the cooking course of will probably be longer than this, because it’ll take a couple of minutes for the Prompt Pot to construct stress. When the cooking time is full, permit the Prompt Pot to launch stress naturally. It will take about one other 20 minutes, giving the rice an opportunity to steam and take in any water remaining within the pot.
When the float valve drops, take away the lid, fluff the rice with a fork, and luxuriate in!
Prompt Pot Brown Rice Suggestions
- Let the stress launch naturally. Take into consideration cooking brown rice on the range: after the rice simmers, you take away it from the warmth and let it stand, lined, for 10 minutes earlier than serving. On this Prompt Pot brown rice recipe, permitting the stress to launch naturally achieves one thing comparable. It provides the rice an opportunity to completely take in the liquid within the pot, turning into fluffy and tender as an alternative of mushy or water-logged. In the event you quick-release the stress as an alternative, you would possibly find yourself with extra water (or undercooked rice) within the pot.
- An even bigger batch works higher. I’ve a 6-quart Prompt Pot, and I’ve discovered that I must cook dinner at the least 2 cups of rice at a time for it to cook dinner evenly with out burning. In case your Prompt Pot is 6 quarts or bigger, you’ll must do the identical. When you have a smaller, 3-quart Prompt Pot, 1 cup of rice would possibly work simply wonderful.
- Freeze the leftovers. This Prompt Pot brown rice freezes completely! In the event you’re not going to eat all of it inside just a few days, unfold it in a fair layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze for two hours. Then, switch the rice to an hermetic container or freezer bag and freeze for as much as 3 months. It reheats shortly within the microwave. I like to maintain a stash available for including to grain bowls and salads or serving with curries and stir-fries.
Extra Favourite Cooking Fundamentals
In the event you love this Prompt Pot brown rice recipe, attempt cooking certainly one of these grains or legumes subsequent:
Prompt Pot Brown Rice
Discover ways to cook dinner brown rice within the Prompt Pot! The method is straightforward and hands-off, and the rice comes out excellent each time.
- 2 cups raw brown rice, well-rinsed
- 2½ cups water
- Mix the rinsed rice and water in a 6-quart Prompt Pot. Safe the lid and Strain Cook dinner on Excessive for 20 minutes.
Permit the Prompt Pot to launch stress naturally. It will take 20-Half-hour. When the float valve drops, take away the lid.
Fluff the rice and luxuriate in.