Chewy No Bake Granola Bars are right here to save lots of the day! Made with oats, peanut butter, and the mix-ins of your selection, they’re a wholesome on-the-go breakfast or snack for rising children, busy adults, and anybody (ahem, yours really) who is aware of that hanger hazard is actual.
Selfmade no bake granola bars, you’re my snacktime savior and hurried morning hero.
I believe it’s time I shared your superpowers with the remainder of the world.
In a world the place we’re all dashing to work, searching for wholesome lunchbox and snack concepts, and desperately looking for a satisfying street journey snack that doesn’t go away florescent orange powder in your fingers, no bake granola bars are right here to save lots of the day (with these Quinoa Breakfast Bars as their trusty sidekick).
5 Star Overview
“OH MY GOSH!!!! These have been significantly the most effective snack bars I’ve ever eaten. I simply ate my third bar for the day, and I would like to significantly work on my self-control!”
— Sharice —
I first introduced a batch of those simple home made chewy granola bars on a ski journey years in the past and so they have been an on the spot hit for a number of causes.
- No bake granola bars are half healthful snack/half dessert (just like these Wholesome No Bake Cookies).
- They’re a breeze to make. Simply combine, press, and chill. No baking required!
- They’re completely transportable (as are these Wholesome Pumpkin Bars). Wrap every bar individually and tuck them into your purse, workbag, lunchbox, or coat pocket (for fast, quick access).
My favourite half about no bake granola bars, nonetheless, is their countless versatility (identical to my go-to base recipe for Vitality Balls).
With all the mix-in choices, you’ll by no means get uninterested in this recipe, I promise.
How you can Make No Bake Granola Bars
No bake granola bars are the wholesome snack recipe you want while you need a candy deal with that’s additionally filled with wholesome, healthful, good-for-you substances.
- Fast Oats or Rolled Oats. Present physique, texture, and the correct amount of chew to those simple home made granola bars. (This Crock Pot Granola is my favourite approach to take pleasure in oat-filled granola in a non-bar kind.)
For a extra tender bar, use fast oats. For a bar with a bit of extra chew, make no bake granola bars with old style rolled oats, that are heartier. For a finer texture, you’ll be able to blitz rolled oats within the meals processor a couple of occasions to interrupt them down additional (this primarily turns them into fast oats).
- Floor Flaxseed. Provides protein and, when mixed with the moist substances, turns into a glue-like binding agent that helps maintain the bars collectively.
- Wheat Germ. A superfood increase that provides folate, fiber, vitamin E, and different key vitamins to those no bake granola bars (in addition to this Wholesome Granola).
- Nut Butter. For ease, I sometimes make these no bake granola bars with peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or (for a nut-free model) sunflower butter all work properly.
- Honey. Sweetens the granola bars and helps bind the dry substances collectively.
- Vanilla. Enhances, deepens, and marries the flavors of the assorted granola bar substances collectively.
- Cinnamon. For a bit of earthy spice and aroma that tastes improbable with the nutty oats and maple syrup. (Or swap cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice and replicate the magic of those No Bake Pumpkin Vitality Balls).
No Bake Granola Bar Combine-In Concepts
When you’re questioning what mix-ins go along with home made granola bars, the reply is something you like!
Listed below are a couple of choices to contemplate together with my all-time favourite ingredient mixture. Use as much as 1 1/4 cups complete.
- Dried fruit, like cranberries, raisins, cherries, or apricots. Chop if bigger than a dime.
- Mini chocolate chips.
- Toasted coconut.
- Sunflower seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds.
- Slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, pecans, or pistachios.
My Favourite Combo. 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 chopped dried cherries or raisins, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped pecans or almonds, and both 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or different nuts.
- In a saucepan, heat the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla collectively till easy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry substances.
- Pour the peanut butter combination over the dry substances and stir to mix.
The combination needs to be very thick and sticky (not skinny or liquidy) and may simply maintain collectively when pressed.
- If it appears too unfastened, add extra oats until the specified consistency is reached.
- If it’s too dry, drizzle in a bit extra honey or maple syrup till the combination clumps simply.
- Press the combination firmly and evenly right into a parchment-lined pan. Refrigerate till set. Take away the bars from the pan, slice, and serve. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Hold bars in an hermetic container within the fridge for two to three weeks. You’ll want to separate with layers of parchment paper or wax paper or they may stick collectively. It’s also possible to preserve the bars, wrapped individually, at room temperature for a couple of days, although their texture will soften.
- To Freeze. Individually wrap and freeze for a number of months. Defrost in a single day within the fridge.
I extremely advocate storing these bars wrapped individually in plastic to stop them from sticking collectively. Plus, it makes them the right grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
No bake granola bars, you’re the hero we want (and deserve!).
Steadily Requested Questions
Not like no bake granola bars with dates (see these Vegan Protein Bars), this recipe makes use of maple syrup (or honey) and nut butter as the first binding brokers for the bars. This recipe was examined to get the ratios of the dry and sticky substances good to make sure these no bake home made granola bars maintain their form as soon as chilled.
Sure. The recipe, as it’s written, is gluten free. Nevertheless, I all the time advocate checking your labels, particularly the oats, to make sure they have been processed in a gluten free licensed facility in case you are significantly delicate to gluten.
Granola bars (particularly these Wholesome Granola Bars) are loaded with tons of wholesome substances. If there’s one weak spot they’ve, nonetheless, is their sugar content material. When you’re seeking to scale back the sugar content material of this recipe, I’d not recommend lowering any of the bottom substances (e.g. honey or maple syrup), because the bars won’t maintain collectively. Slightly, I would choose low-sugar mix-ins like nuts, seeds, or unsweetened coconut flakes and skip any chocolate or dried fruit with added sugars.
No Bake Granola Bars Video
When you take pleasure in this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. You’ll want to click on the BELL icon so that you may be the primary to know once we submit a brand new video (and thanks for subscribing!).
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fast oats or rolled oats* (don’t use on the spot oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup floor flaxseed
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or extra 2 tablespoons oats
- 3/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon or strive 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups mix-ins of selection** dried cranberries or raisins, roughly chopped toasted nuts, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, and so on.
Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper in order that two sides overhang like handles.
In a small saucepan, warmth the peanut butter and honey, whisking till easy. Take away from the warmth. Stir within the vanilla. Let cool for a number of minutes (particularly in case you are utilizing chocolate chips, which is able to soften if the combination is just too heat).
In a big mixing bowl, whisk the oats, flaxseed, wheat germ, cinnamon, and salt. Roughly chop any mix-ins which might be bigger than a chickpea (you can too roughly chop them in a meals processor), then stir into the oat combination.
Pour the peanut butter combination over the dry substances. With a picket spoon or very sturdy spatula, stir to mix. The combination shall be very thick and a bit of powerful to stir, however preserve working patiently and you’re going to get there. As soon as mixed, the combination ought to really feel considerably sticky, however not liquidy and may simply maintain collectively when pressed. If it appears too sticky (this could differ primarily based in your nut butter), add extra oats. If it’s dry, drizzle in a bit extra honey.
Press the combination into the pan very firmly in order that the bars stick collectively (to assist, use the again of a big measuring cup or simply acquired at it together with your fingers). Refrigerate the no bake granola bars for 1 hour, to permit the bars to set.
Utilizing the paper “handles,” elevate the bars out of the pan onto a reducing board (if they’re sticking to the pan on the edges, use a knife to loosen). Slice into bars of desired measurement (I do 1 row of 4 and 1 row of three for 12 bars complete).
TO STORE: Hold bars in an hermetic container within the fridge for two to three weeks. You’ll want to separate with layers of parchment paper or wax paper or they may stick collectively. It’s also possible to preserve the bars, wrapped individually, at room temperature for a couple of days, although their texture will soften.
TO FREEZE: Individually wrap and freeze for a number of months. Defrost in a single day within the fridge.
*INGREDIENT NOTE: We desire these bars with fast oats, as they’re a bit of extra tender (rolled oats are thicker and have extra “chew.”) For a finer texture, you’ll be able to blitz rolled oats within the meals processor a couple of occasions to interrupt them down additional.
**MY FAVORITE MIX-IN COMBO: 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 chopped dried cherries or raisins, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped pecans or almonds, and both 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or extra nuts.
Serving: 1(of 12)Energy: 241kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 7gFats: 11gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 4gMonounsaturated Fats: 4gPotassium: 202mgFiber: 4gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Be part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.