They’re again. Probably the most scrumptious wholesome peanut butter cookies that style like a peanut butter cup and peanut butter cookie dough had a child. Plus, they only so occur to be grain free, gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened and made in a single bowl. BOOM!
I made these grain free peanut butter cookies again in 2020 and so they turned prompt AK basic. I imply, these cookies are simply RIDICULOUSLY GOOD and crammed with peanut butter taste. I really like that they’re thick, fudgy and doughy within the center with a chewy texture. You’re going to fall in love, I promise.
Bake up a batch or two and be happy to freeze some for later so as to take pleasure in them for weeks and even months! For those who’re a PB lover like I’m, you’re gonna need to maintain these infants available always.
On the lookout for extra ideas & tips for making the very best cookies ever? Obtain our FREE printable Final Information to Cookie Baking and use it time and time once more at any time when the cookie cravings hit!
Components in grain free peanut butter cookies
The beauty of these scrumptious grain free & gluten free wholesome peanut butter cookies is that they’re naturally sweetened and solely want a little bit of oil for the proper quantity of moisture. They’re puffy, barely mushy & chewy and completely scrumptious with none dairy or gluten. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Pure creamy peanut butter: be certain the peanut butter you employ is good and drippy and has simply peanuts + salt because the elements. I really like utilizing Wild Associates creamy peanut butter — use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off your order!
- Coconut oil: you’ll simply want a little bit of coconut oil so as to add moisture to your cookies to get the doughy center. It’s also possible to use melted butter or melted vegan butter in the event you desire.
- Coconut sugar: naturally sweeten these peanut butter cookies with coconut sugar. Brown sugar may also work however I really like how coconut sugar offers these a touch of caramel taste.
- Egg: you’ll solely want one egg for these cookies. I’ve not examined them with a flax egg however let me know in the event you give it a strive.
- Vanilla extract: for scrumptious taste. Learn to make your personal with this tutorial!
- Almond flour & coconut flour: we’re utilizing a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour to maintain these peanut butter cookies grain and gluten free. Additionally they give the cookies a lift of wholesome fat! You’ll want to use a tremendous, blanched almond flour (not almond meal).
- Baking staples: don’t neglect the baking soda and salt!
- Darkish chocolate: be happy to cut up your favourite, 2.5 oz darkish chocolate bar, or darkish chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan if desired!)
- Elective: Fancy Maldon salt (or sea salt), for sprinkling on high.
Methods to make these gluten free peanut butter cookies
The perfect half about this simple wholesome peanut butter cookie recipe is that it may be made utilizing one bowl and nearly half-hour.
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the moist elements. Combine collectively the peanut butter, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract till nicely mixed, easy and creamy.
- Add the dry. Subsequent, add within the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt; stir with a wood spoon till nicely mixed. Fold within the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop & bake. Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto the ready baking sheet, putting dough 2 inches aside. Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Prime, cool & take pleasure in! As quickly as cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle them with a little bit sea salt. Permit the cookies to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than shifting them to a wire rack to complete cooling. Then devour!
Suggestions for making & customizing
As at all times, the easiest way to make sure that these wholesome peanut butter cookies end up wonderful is to observe the recipe precisely. Listed below are some ideas for making them excellent each time:
- Don’t use substitutes. Almond flour shouldn’t be changed with some other flour, nor must you try to exchange the coconut flour. These wholesome peanut butter cookies are excellent as-is!
- Pack your almond flour. You may pack the almond flour identical to you’ll with brown sugar. It makes all of the distinction! Do NOT pack your coconut flour although.
- Use a room temperature egg. This can be certain that the coconut oil doesn’t coagulate and trigger the cookie dough to be tremendous lumpy. Simply place your egg in a bowl of heat water for a couple of minutes, or run heat water over the egg for a minute to carry it to room temp.
- Add our favourite mix-ins. I really like these grain free peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks or chips, however be happy to omit, add chopped walnuts, M&M’s/chocolate candies or do a chocolate drizzle as a substitute. Or in the event you’re feeling actually adventurous, chop up a couple of peanut butter cups and fold it into the batter for pb cup cookies. YUM.
What makes these peanut butter cookies wholesome?
Conventional peanut butter cookies, whereas scrumptious, are often baked with butter and refined sugars. We’re making these peanut butter cookies more healthy by:
- Utilizing all pure peanut butter and only a little bit of coconut oil for moisture. This makes them dairy free.
- Baking with almond and coconut flour to make them grain free, gluten free and full of wholesome fat.
- Additionally protecting them low carb with the almond & coconut flour mix, fairly than utilizing oats.
Methods to retailer & freeze these wholesome peanut butter cookies
Be at liberty to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1-2 days, then switch them to the fridge or freezer. Study precisely learn how to freeze the cookie dough or the baked peanut butter cookies utilizing this tutorial!
Extra grain free treats you’ll love
Get all of our wonderful grain free desserts right here!
I hope you like these wholesome, grain free peanut butter cookies as a lot as we do. For those who make them, you should definitely go away a remark and fee the recipe under! We respect you. xo.
Grain Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Decadent grain free wholesome peanut butter cookies made in a single bowl in beneath half-hour. These unimaginable dairy free and gluten free peanut butter cookies are full of wholesome fat from pure peanut butter, made with almond flour and coconut flour, and are the proper deal with for teenagers and adults! Prepared in lower than 20 minutes.
- Moist elements:
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts and salt because the elements)
- 2 1/2
melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub melted butter or melted vegan butter)
egg, at room temperature
- Dry elements:
packed tremendous blanched almond flour
coconut flour (don’t pack)
(2.5 ounce) darkish chocolate bar (no less than 72%), coarsely chopped* (or about 1/3 cup chocolate chips)
- Fancy Maldon salt (or sea salt), for sprinkling on high
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, add peanut butter, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Combine till nicely mixed, easy and creamy.
Add within the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt; combine with a wood spoon till nicely mixed. Fold within the chocolate chunks.
Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto the ready baking sheet, putting dough 2 inches aside. Bake for 9-12 minutes. As quickly as cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle them with a little bit sea salt. Permit cookies to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than eradicating them. Makes 10 cookies.
*to make these dairy free, be certain to make use of dairy free or vegan chocolate.
I don’t suggest utilizing some other flours than what I’ve listed within the recipe. I’ve solely examined as is. Oat flour may match okay for the coconut flour, however as talked about I’ve not examined it.
See the total publish for storing and freezing directions.
Servings: 10 cookies
Serving measurement: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 5.5g
This publish was initially printed on July 2nd, 2020, and republished on January tenth, 2022.