When you’re searching for a zesty, festive option to enhance your hummus routine, look to dried cranberries, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro to do the trick! Simply whiz up your commonplace hummus elements—chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and olive oil—after which toss in these colourful, flavorful additions and carry on mixing. You’ll be rewarded with a subtly sweet-tart taste, fairly delicate pink coloration, and gentle herbal-spice chew that may rework your hummus from boring to fabulous. I like this recipe for picnics, celebration appetizers, and holidays. This fully plant-based (vegan), gluten-free Cranberry Jalapeno Hummus is yummy as a dip or unfold for veggie-burgers, sandwiches, veggie-balls, and lentil patties, too. Better of all, most of those elements are shelf-stable, so you possibly can hold them available to whip up a superb hummus in simply 12 minutes. It’s that straightforward, and that wholesome too! Crammed with protein, wholesome fat, antioxidant compounds, and fiber, it’s your go-to dip for good taste and well being.
This straightforward, festive Cranberry Jalapeno Hummus is infused with a contact of dried cranberries, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro, producing a colourful, scrumptious, wholesome hummus that can also be gluten-free and vegan.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid (a mean can comprises about 1/2 cup of liquid).
- Place dried cranberries in a small dish and add lime juice and a pair of tablespoons of reserved chickpea liquid (reserve remaining liquid for later, if wanted). Stir effectively and put aside for half-hour to melt berries.
- Place drained chickpeas within the container of a meals processor or blender. Add softened cranberries with liquid, tahini, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and smoked paprika to the bender.
- Course of combination for about 3 minutes, slowly including olive oil and reserved chickpea liquid if wanted, 1 tablespoon at a time, till you obtain a easy, velvety texture as desired.
- Take away hummus from meals processor and stir in cilantro. Refrigerate till serving time. Makes 12 servings (about 1 1/2 tablespoons every).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Class: Appetizer
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 95
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fats: 4 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: vegan hummus, hummus, jalapeno hummus
I like my Nutribullet for creating so many plant-powered meals, from smoothies to cashew cream and hummus! Get 15% off your order for Nutribullet merchandise by clicking right here.
For extra plant-based hummus recipes, try a few of my favorites:
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.