OH HI. It’s been some time since I shared a brand new smoothie recipe with you so right here I’m with a fully scrumptious, creamy, nutritious smoothie that you simply’ll come again to time and time once more.
This chai-spiced butternut squash smoothie is just about liquid gold. It has warming flavors from cozy chai spices, paired with creamy yogurt, nut butter, and pure sweetness from roasted butternut squash and banana. It jogs my memory of a smoothie model of my chai ginger latte or 24k gold turmeric latte and has hints of pie taste to it.
This beautiful smoothie packs 13g of protein and 8g of fiber, AKA it’s an incredible, filling breakfast to energise your day. To not point out, post-workout perfection!
Get all of my suggestions and journeys for customizing this butternut squash smoothie and making it completely scrumptious each time.
What does a butternut squash smoothie style like?
I do know what you’re considering. This chick needs us to place squash in our smoothies?! YES. The combo of roasted squash, ripe banana and warming chai spices critically makes this smoothie style like pie. The chai spices are refined, not overpowering, and also you’ll fall in love with the flavour they provide the smoothie.
Not solely does the smoothie style completely scrumptious, but it surely’s additionally full of fiber, potassium, antioxidants, and nutritional vitamins A and C because of the butternut squash. Oh, and may we discuss that golden colour? GORGEOUS.
Every little thing you’ll must make this butternut squash smoothie
This unbelievable butternut squash smoothie is all about taste. These chai spices are SO scrumptious! It’s naturally sweetened, has an incredible enhance of protein, fiber & wholesome fat, and is the right breakfast! Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Fruits & veggies: you’ll want a frozen, ripe banana to naturally sweeten the smoothie, after which, after all, frozen butternut squash! See under for one of the best ways to prep your squash for this smoothie.
- Yogurt: I really like the wholesome enhance of protein that greek yogurt provides to the smoothie. Be happy to make use of dairy free yogurt (like coconut yogurt) as properly.
- Milk: you need to use any milk you’d like (dairy free or non) to skinny the smoothie and assist it mix up properly.
- Nut butter: somewhat almond, cashew or pecan butter provides wholesome fat and additional creaminess. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Buddies! I’d not advocate utilizing peanut butter as a result of the flavour will overpower the entire remainder of the elements.
- Taste: you’ll get that tremendous chai taste from cinnamon, cardamom, floor ginger, allspice, and somewhat vanilla extract! Learn to make your personal vanilla extract from scratch with this tutorial.
Learn how to prep your butternut squash
Earlier than you dive into this smoothie recipe, you’ll wish to peel, minimize, prepare dinner and freeze your butternut squash:
- First, get all of our suggestions & methods for peeling and chopping your butternut squash right here.
- Subsequent, you’ll wish to roast the cubes at 350 levels F in only a little bit of impartial oil. Roast for quarter-hour, flip the cubes, then roast once more for 15 extra minutes till fork tender. Get our suggestions for roasting butternut squash right here! Be sure you omit the spices for this smoothie recipe.
- Lastly, add your cubed butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop it within the freezer. As soon as the cubes are frozen, add them to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze. You’ll use these cubes for the smoothie and may use any extras for soups, stews and extra.
These steps can simply be finished forward of time, however in case you’re in a pinch, you can even purchase pre-packaged frozen butternut squash cubes.
Straightforward methods to customise this butternut squash smoothie
As a result of there are many easy elements on this butternut squash protein smoothie recipe, it’s straightforward to customise together with your fav add-ins or swaps! Right here’s what I can advocate:
- Swap your produce. If you happen to don’t have any butternut squash, you may use cubed, roasted pumpkin or candy potato as an alternative!
- Add a lift of vitamins. Be happy so as to add a tablespoon of flaxseed meal, chia seeds or hemp seeds for an additional enhance of wholesome fat and fiber.
- Preserve it dairy free. Do not forget that you need to use your favourite dairy free yogurt and dairy free milk!
- Make it heartier. You might additionally add 1/3 cup of rolled oats and even 1/4 or 1/2 of an avocado to thicken the smoothie and make it heartier. You’ll doubtless want so as to add some extra milk as properly for mixing.
Suggestions for making one of the best smoothies
Use the following tips & methods for making the right butternut squash smoothie, and just about another smoothie!
- Use frozen produce. Utilizing frozen fruits & veggies is finest because it helps hold the smoothie chilly and thick. Typically ice doesn’t mix as properly, so it’s finest to skip except completely crucial. On this recipe, be certain that your banana and squash cubes are frozen!
- Modify the liquid. Don’t be afraid so as to add extra liquid in case your smoothie is just too thick or gained’t absolutely mix. Excessive-powered blenders are likely to mix frozen fruit significantly better, so when you’ve got an everyday or personal-size blender, chances are you’ll want so as to add extra milk.
- Begin gradual. Begin the blender on low pace, then step by step improve to excessive to assist mix all elements. Lastly, finish with the blender on low pace.
- Select your sweetness degree. If a smoothie doesn’t style candy sufficient in your liking, you may add a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, pure maple syrup or 1 pitted Medjool date.
Make it forward of time
Be sure you try our three other ways to prep and retailer smoothies in your freezer to be able to make this wholesome butternut squash banana smoothie forward of time! Be happy to double or triple it and revel in all of it week lengthy.
Really helpful instruments
Try extra of our favourite go-to kitchen necessities right here.
Extra smoothie recipes you’ll love
Get all of our scrumptious smoothie recipes right here!
If you happen to make this chai-spiced butternut squash smoothie you should definitely go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it! Take pleasure in, xo.
Chai-Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie
Creamy and scrumptious butternut squash smoothie full of fantastic, cozy taste from chai spices! This butternut squash smoothie recipe is full of protein and fiber, simply made dairy free, and makes the right nourishing breakfast or snack.
frozen ripe banana
cooked/roasted and frozen butternut squash
plain or vanilla greek yogurt (be happy to make use of dairy free yogurt)
unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (or milk of selection), plus extra to skinny as crucial
almond, cashew or pecan butter (don’t use peanut butter, the flavour is overpowering)
In a big high-powered blender, add in all elements and mix on excessive for 1-2 minutes or till all elements are properly mixed. Add extra milk if essential to skinny and mix once more.
Servings: 1 serving
Serving dimension: 1 smoothie
Saturated fats: 2.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats