Gem-like black lentils are the beginning of a dramatic, plant-based dish. Fast-cooking, nutritious, and earthy, these lentils kind a jet black canvas to your colourful meal. On this hearty, meal-in-one salad, simmered black lentils are the inspiration of this seasonal recipe Black Lentil Pesto Salad with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts. The lentils set off the sensible colours of roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts, that are in season even within the colder months. The cooked lentils are blended with a recent, natural pesto dressing, then piled onto a serving platter earlier than arranging roasted greens and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and recent basil leaves on high. This hearty recipe is nice for meal prep, potlucks, and events. It holds up nicely for days, and could also be served heat or chilly.
Gem-like black lentils are the beginning of this dramatic, colourful, gluten-free, plant-based dish, which is flavored with a pesto dressing and topped with sensible roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts.
- ¾ cup ready pesto, vegan
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon crimson wine vinegar
- ½ cup recent basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds, peel and slice into cubes. Prepare on half of a baking sheet.
- Slice brussels sprouts in half and organize on the opposite half of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss with tongs to distribute.
- Place within the high rack of the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, till golden brown and tender.
- Whereas greens are roasting, prepare dinner lentils. Mix black lentils, 2 cups water, and a couple of cups vegetable broth in a medium pot, cowl with lid, and prepare dinner for about 20 minutes, till simply barely tender, however not mushy. Enable to chill barely.
- Combine collectively vegan pesto, water, and vinegar in a small dish to create a dressing.
- Gently combine dressing and diced crimson onions into lentils.
- Place dressed, cooked lentils on a big serving platter.
- Prepare roasted squash and brussels sprouts, pumpkin seeds, and basil leaves (elective) over the lentils.
- Serve instantly.
- Makes 14 servings (1 cup every).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: vegan salad, finest vegan salad, simple salad recipe, butternut squash salad, butternut squash
Attempt a number of of my different favourite plant-based salad recipes:
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, click on right here.