Services > Bodywork
At Flow Studios, we offer corrective bodywork where the focus is on creating muscle balance and tissue health - relieving and correcting the underlying problems associated with most chronic pain.
- Joint Mobilization and Manipulation. Promotes improved joint mobility and range of motion using a variety of treatment philosophies including: McKenzie, Mulligan, Muscle Energy, and Maitland.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization. Mobilization/Massage of the skin, muscle, nerve, and fascial layers to break down scar tissue and adhesions.
- Myofascial Release. Deep palpation using a small surface area to promote fascial stretch and muscle relaxation. If a muscle is in spasm, it can lead to imbalances such as leg length discrepancies or rotation/obliquities in the pelvis.
- Trigger Point Release. Deep palpation to promote muscle relaxation in an area of hyper-irritability and contracture.
- Dynamic Muscular Release. Deep palpation to the origin (attachment site) of a muscle as the patient contracts to engage in the muscle's intended action. This promotes improved muscle function and can eliminate musculoskeletal imbalances.
- Neuromobilization. Also known as "Flossing" or "Gliding," this technique helps decrease inflammation in nerves, breaks up adhesions around nerves that result from inflammation, and can eliminate the sensation of "pins and needles" or numbness and tingling.